The state of grief and sadness is called ‘depression’. Depression is beginning to emerge as a common problem in the physical therapy and mental medicine systems. Today, no part of society is untouched by depression. With the ever increasing desires and threatening expectations, the gap of hopes is increasing due to which the common man is being filled with frustration, trouble, sorrow, apathy and self-aggression.
Cause of Depression
Stress is the leading cause of depression in today’s society. In India, tensions have increased manifold in the last decade due to various reasons. The main is the increase in the wishes and needs of the people. Every person wants to get everything. The common man expects more from life. Therefore, the gap between desires and ability to fulfill them is increasing. This results in instability, restlessness and finally depression. Loneliness is one of the main causes of depression in older people. There is an increase in the number of such elders whose children have left them and are living separately.
Symptoms of Depression
Depression usually has symptoms like sadness, sleep interruptions, loss of appetite and physical activity, etc. The patient feels insecure, dull, pessimistic and lethargic. At times, he is very worried about the future. Maybe he wants to cry and he keeps cursing himself for his past mistakes. Distraction and restlessness are also common symptoms of depression. Such symptoms are seen more in middle and old age patients. Some patients keep thinking about suicide or even try. The patient of depression tends to ignore social relations. He does not leave home for several weeks or months, he does not feel like even in everyday tasks. Many patients prefer to remain in a closed room. They like it dark. Bad thoughts keep coming in his mind.
Such patients do not want to keep contact with the outside world. Due to illness, they shorten the scope of their lives. The patient feels that he is becoming weaker. His confidence in ordinary work also decreases. It may seem to us that he has developed a physical ailment because he appears dull and weak. Many patients feel that a tape cassette is running in their brain and that cassette keeps on working all day. The depression patient watches every incident in a negative way.
Result of Disease
Many patients and their families understand. That depression (apathy) is a disease. No and the person does not need any kind of treatment for this and its symptoms disappear on its own. In simple or acute disease, one should be careful because without treatment, depression can disturb a person’s life. In patients without medical attention, adulthood develops so that they take complete silence, they also eat and drink. Turn it off In such a situation treatment becomes very difficult.
- Depression is common in the condition of thyroid gland disease (hypothyroidism). Depression is the first sign in many patients. Patients taking steroid talk about changes on themselves which is considered a symptom of depression. Women taking hormonal chick or contraceptive medicines often complain of depression. This disease can also occur after taking many pain relieving pills etc. Depression also occurs with the use of high blood pressure reduction medicines like ‘Razerpine’ and ‘Methyl dopa’. Razerpine is a chronic drug of high blood pressure and can also cause acute depression.
Patent Medicines of Depression
- Alert ‘Vasu’
Adult 1-2 capsules should be taken twice a day.
- Anxil ‘Geon’
In acute disease, give 1 capsule 3 times a day. Maintenance dose 1 capsule daily.
- Avasanil ‘Jeon’
Of serious nature. In disease, 1 capsule 3 times a day. In ordinary disease, 1 capsule 2 times a day. Maintenance dose daily 1 capsule.
- Braintrax ‘Anuja’
Adult 2 capsules 2-3 times a day. Child 1 capsule 2 times a day.
- Jerryfort ‘Himalaya’
Take 2-2 tablets twice a day.
- Commentos ‘Ajmera’
Give 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Meritorious ‘Corals’
2-2 tablet 3 times a day.
- Memory Pearls ‘Remedies’
Adult 2 Pearls with milk 2 times a day. Child 1 time with milk 2 times a day.
- Normata ‘Ayurveda’
Give adult 2 capsules as required.
- Nubex ‘Trio’
Give 2-4 capsules daily with milk.
- Strescom ‘Dabur’
Give 1 capsule twice a day with milk.
- Triveng ‘Rallies’
Give 1 capsule 2 times a day.
- Vitalif ‘Lifeline’
Give adult 1 capsule 2 or 3 times a day.
- Weekmin ‘Charak’
Adult 2 tablets 3 times a day.
Give 1-2 tablets twice a day.
- Mental ‘Himalaya’
Give 2 tablets 3 times a day. It also has syrup.
- Tejaras ‘Sandu’
Take 2-2 spoons twice a day. Give 1 / 2-1 teaspoon to the child 2 times a day.
- Teka ‘Jagat’
1 capsule 2 times a day for 10 days.
- Tracina ‘Days’
Adult 1-2 capsules 2 times a day.
Patent therapy sensed by symptoms of Depression
- Stress, depression in insomnia – ‘Vasu’ Co. Take 1-2 capsules of ‘Alert’ 2 times a day. Or ‘Ajmera’ Co. Give ‘Kemantose’ 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Functional hypertension with headaches – in depression – ‘Ajmera’ Co. Give 1-2 tablets of cementos 3 times a day.
- Epilepsy, insomnia, depression with anxiety – ‘Coral’ Co. To give meritorious 2-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- ‘TRIO’ Co. in mental exhaustion, anxiety and sleepless depression. Give 2-4 capsules of Nubex with milk daily.
- Depression with anxiety, brain weakness, neurasthenia sexual debility – ‘Life Line’ Co. Give ‘Vitalife’ 1 capsule 2 or 3 times a day according to the disease. Or give the ‘Mimorin’ syrup of Phyto Pharma in the quantity of 1-2 teaspoons 3 times a day.
- In a state of depression with anxiety neurosis, insomnia, lack of concentration – Dabur Co. Stresscom 1-2 capsules should be taken regularly with milk 2 times a day.
- In case of exhaustion, insomnia, sexual debility, depression – ‘Days’ Co. Take 1-2 capsules of ‘Tracina’ 2 times a day.
Mixed Drug Patent Therapy Of Depression
- In diseases of ordinary nature- ‘Rallies’ Co. Take 1-1 capsule of ‘Trivang’ 2 times a day.
- In the disease of acute nature – Gerifort 2 muffin of ‘Himalaya’, Strescom 1 capsule of “Dabur”, “Jugat” a. ‘Teca’ 1 capsule. Give one such quantity 2 or 3 times a day.
- Stress, Insomnia sadness- ‘Alert’ 1 capsule, ‘Stresscom’ 1 capsule, ‘Jerryfort’ 1 muffin. Take one such quantity 3 times a day with milk or water.
- In fatigue, insomnia, depression with sexual debility – ‘Days’ Co. ‘Tracina’ 1 capsule, ‘Lifeline’ Co. ‘Vitalif’ 1 capsule, ‘Trio’ Co. ‘Nuvax’ 1 capsule. Give one such quantity 2 times a day.
In modern Treatment
Typically imipramine, decimipramine, amitriptyline, noratriptyline, fluoxetine, doxepin, dothipine, amoxapine, and mincecarin, sertaline are the latest available drugs now available in India.
‘Imipramine’ and fluoxetine are more effective in slow and underdeveloped sadness patients. ‘Amitriptyline’, ‘Doxepine’, ‘Dothipine’ and ‘miaserine’ have been found to be more effective in depression and anxiety mixed patients.
Fluoxetine and cetraline are more beneficial if depression is associated with some physical disease.
If a depression patient also has heart disease, fluoxetine, amoxapine, miasarini and trazodone should be used. When epilepsy patients have depression, it is safer to use other medicines like ‘Amiasin’ and ‘Trazodone’.
It should be assumed that there is not a single drug that affects all patients with sadness. Some doctors like old tried medicines while others use new depression medicines.
Remember- * It is necessary to explain to the patient that the therapy should be continued for 4 to 6 months even after the complete withdrawal of symptoms after a few weeks. There are some patients who have to seek medical attention for many years. However, many people are not willing to believe that they need long-term therapy. We should explain that in some physical diseases like sugar, high blood pressure and asthma, long-term medication has to be taken, similarly in some cases of sadness, medicine has to be taken for a long time.