Sudden unconsciousness and fainting, along with a bit of stiffness, is called ‘Epilepsy’. Before coming to unconsciousness, the patient does not know when he is going to have an attack. While talking, speaking or walking, the patient suddenly becomes unconscious and starts feeling stiff. Some shout very faintly.
Reasons of Epilepsy
Most of the reasons are unknown.
- Local causes- cerebral tumors, cerebral abscess or cysts. Causes of cerebral vascular accidents, cerebral thrombosis, cerebral embolism, cerebral hemorrhage. Comprehensive strokes of meningitis, encephalitis and dementia. Pre-senile dementia.
- Extensive causes- cerebral anoxia, bronchiectasis, complete cardiac arrest, carbonamoxide poisoning, uremia, low glucose anemia, tetanus, hepatitis, eclampsia and effects of toxins, acute fever, roundworm disease, tooth loss, etc.
- Unknown hepatic epilepsy- the cause of which is unknown.
Symptoms of Epilepsy
In this disease, the patient suddenly falls to the ground. The first stiffness causes the patient’s neck to be crooked. Eyes are torn and eyelids become fixed. The mouth is filled with froth. The patient repeatedly slaps his hands and feet. Teeth come out or someone’s tongue comes out. Some people do not inadvertently urinate and defecate. The patient has difficulty in breathing. This situation lasts 10-15 minutes or sometimes takes 2-3 hours. The tour event then begins. Breathing becomes easy and the patient becomes conscious or becomes sleepy.
Major epilepsy- It starts in childhood or in young (under 25 years). It consists of a peculiar experience in the first ear tingling or tingling in the hands. The patient immediately falls to the ground with a scream and falls unconscious. The body of the patient becomes stiff. In the end, convulsions all over the body begin. Tongue comes out. Can also be cut. Foam comes from the mouth.
Small epilepsy – It is usually less. It begins in childhood or in adolescence. There is no momentary unconsciousness but no convulsions. After a few moments (10-15 seconds), the patient becomes emotionless and then becomes conscious.
Recognise of Epilepsy
If the patient has seizures, his mouth turns to one side, the eyes are pelted, the teeth are clenched, the fists tighten and the patient makes a sound of On-On-Go-Gon and becomes unconscious. The disease is identified by these symptoms. In addition, the doctor may also ask for the following tests of an epileptic patient.
Result of Epilepsy
The tongue of the patient can be cut by coming under the teeth. There is a risk of fracture, injury or tooth breakdown due to seizures falling to the ground in a state of unconsciousness. The shoulder or waist joint can move. While driving, while swimming in water or If there is an epileptic seizure near the fire, there is a possibility of an accident and can be life-threatening. Vomiting at the time of seizures spread to the respiratory tract. This can lead to death by blocking the respiratory tract.
General medicine, diet, supportive treatment and ancillary therapy
Remove the root cause. Do not let constipation and fatigue occur. Avoid stress and psychosis. Minor seizures decrease with age. The disease of old age is not completely destroyed. Yes, it can be suppressed. If the child has disease due to insects, first treat the worms. Never let fatigue and weakness occur. Destruction of physical and mental debility leads to reduction in seizures. If the patient is suffering from psychosis, try to get them away. Avoid anxiety, stress, anger, fear. Never allow a patient suffering from epilepsy to drive a bicycle, motorcycle, scooter, car-motor. Do not watch TV. Refuse to swim. The patient should be given complete rest. The patient should follow all the rules of health. Waking up early in the morning and sleeping early at night is beneficial.
Dietary, supportive treatment and ancillary therapy
Do not allow the patient to take any kind of intoxication. Stop smoking bidi, cigarette, tobacco, alcohol, hemp, cannabis, hashish and other intoxicants. Even the patient who is addicted to tea and coffee should also stop it. Keep in mind, stimulants can aggravate the disease. If the patient is a non-vegetarian then stop it too. Light exercise can be done. Stop even hard exercise. Eat lightly. Giving all seasonal fruits to the patient is beneficial. It is beneficial to give ripe fruits and green vegetables, mango, pomegranate, papaya, lemon, orange, banana, berries, guava, etc. Giving mint sauce is beneficial. If the patient is addicted to eating betel leaf, then stop. Seizures are more due to excess of alkali in the blood. Giving mint sauce is beneficial. There is also an undue benefit from getting climate change done.
Patent Medicines of Epilepsy
- Sarpina ‘Himalaya’
1 / 2-1 muffins 2-3 times a day.
- Caledin ‘Alarcin’
Give 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day.
- Ashar ‘Charak’
Give 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Ned ‘Charak’
2-2 tablets 3-4 times a day with water.
- Hypnotation ‘Zandu’
1-2 tablets 3 times a day with water.
- Santhin ‘Martand’
1-2 cakes 3 times a day. It also has ‘Phino Barwitone’ added.
- Valapasmar Vati ‘Dhanvantari’
1-1 muffin with milk or betel extracts in the morning and evening.
- Smritika ‘United’
Milk 1-2 times a day with milk.
- Sarpagandha Mixture ‘Dhanvantari’
Give 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Super Serpa ‘Anuja’
Give 1-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Agarco ‘dishon’
1/2 tablet 3 times a day, 1/2 an hour before meals.
- Muktarjuna ‘Navashakti’
Adult 2 cakes 3 times a day with milk. Child 1 tablet 2 times a day.
- Tantu Pashan ‘Sagar’
Give 2-2 tablets twice a day.
- Brinomed ‘Surya’
Give 2 tablets 3 times a day. It also has syrup.
- hysterics ‘garg’
1-1 capsule morning or evening with water or 30mi Ashwagandharishta.
- hysteriahar ‘flame’
Give 2-2 capsules 2 times a day.
- Vatari ‘Pankaj’
Take 1-1 capsules 2-3 times a day.
- Blood pressure
Give 1-1 capsules 3 times a day.
- BRAINOMED ‘SURYA’
2-2 teaspoons 3 times a day. Baby 1/2 teaspoon 2 times a day. Child 1 teaspoon 3 times a day.
- Neurogens ‘Herbomed’
Give 1-2 spoons 2-3 times a day.
- C-Caps ‘Syndy’
Adult 1-2 capsules 2 or 3 times a day.
- Meritorious ‘Corals’
Give 2-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Tablet Mental ‘Himalaya’
Give 2-2 tablets 3 times a day.
- Mental syrup ‘Himalaya’
Take 2-2 spoons twice a day.
- Swamala compound ‘Dooth papeshwar’
Give 2-2 spoons 2 times a day.
Some Ayurvedic institutes have created some Ayurvedic patent injections that are used in epilepsy.
- Nilika ‘Bundelkhand’
2 ml. Apply the injection daily or one day in the flesh.
- Nervoplex ‘Dishen’
1-2 ml. Apply to muscle daily.
- Malechakkal ‘Mishra’
Apply 1-2 ml of meat daily.
- Smrita ‘Pratap, Martand’
1ml. Injection daily into the flesh.
- Memory ‘accomplishment’
2 ml. Apply injections to the muscle daily.
- Maniakeshri ‘Bundelkhand, Mishra’
1-2 ml. Injection of muscle 3 times a week.
Patent tried medicine of Epilepsy
- In case of light trips- ‘Surya’ Co. ‘Brinomed’ 2 pill, ‘Himalaya’ Co. Key tablet ‘Mental’ 1 tablet. Take one such quantity twice a day for 5 years.
- In the epilepsy of intense nature- ‘Sagar’ Co. ‘Tantu Pashan’ 2 muffin, ‘Surya’ Co. Give 2 tablets of ‘brinomed’ or its syrup 2-2 spoons 3 times a day. Medical duration from 3 to 5 years.
- Take these measures before going to the second- Press the thick veins on both the sides of the neck well below the thumb. Or tie the hands or legs with a string. Doing so may stop the tour.
- In all types of epileptic seizures- ‘Sagar’ Co. Of ‘Toontu Pashan’ 2 cakes 2 times a day and ‘Herbomed’ Co. Take 2 teaspoons of ‘Neurogen’ 2 times a day regularly for 3-5 years.
- In primary disease of primary nature- ‘Surya’ Co. in the initial disease of ordinary nature. Give 2 tablets of ‘brinomed’ 3 times a day. Drink 2- ‘unnatural’ Vati 3 times a day for 3-6 months. Or ‘Vatakulantak’ juice 60 mg. Drink with honey 3 times a day.
In modern treatment
- Controlling the seizures- The patient should lie on an enclosed bed or on the ground. His clothes should be loose. If there are fake teeth, then they should be removed and its head should be turned to one side. A spoon should be put inside the mouth so that the tongue does not bite. The airways should be kept clean by removing the secretions inside the throat. Phenobarvitone sodium (200 mg) or diazepam (20 mg) or paraldehyde (10 ml) should be given intravenous injections. Phenytoal sodium (6 ml) may be given as an intravenous injection.
- Long-term treatment – After immediate treatment, long-term treatment has to be done which is necessary for every patient in regular (without any Naga) form. Anti-convulsive drugs or drugs from this type should be treated for at least 3 years. Phenovarvitone is very beneficial and its side effects are also very low. This medicine is 30-60 mg by mouth. It is given 2 or 3 times a day. Phenytoin sodium is the most effective drug and probably the most commonly used drug. Other Medicines Also given in major epilepsy, they are- Primidone (250 mg 3 times a day) and carbamazepine (300 mg 3 times a day). Two or more drugs are treated simultaneously when needed. | Such as phenovarietone + phenytoane. Or phenoyarvitone + carbamazepine, carbamazepine is also useful in short epilepsy.
- Sodium Balproate 1 gram daily is beneficial in both large and small types of epilepsy. Since this drug has a toxic effect on the liver, its behavior is reduced.
- The best medicine for persistent epilepsy is diazepam which should be given by veterinary injection (10-20 mg). It is given again if the tour is not stopped. In this case, paraaldehyde (10 ml intravenous injection or phenytoin 120–1000 mg) may be given by drip. Chlormethiazole (slowed by 0.8% solution drip) is a new drug that is quite beneficial. When all medicines fail to stop the seizures, then ‘thiopentone’ may be required by intravenous injection. In case of tumor, surgery may be needed to remove it.
Note- * Anti-convulsive drugs should be treated for 3 to 5 years. Medication – not even one day is stopped. Otherwise another order of 3-5 years has to be started. Where the medicine has gapped. The older patient has to take the medicine for 5 years.
Epilepsy patients should live in a regular manner. There should not be mental anxiety or excessive tiredness. He should not drive a bicycle, motorcycle or any vehicle, neither swim, nor go near the fire. You should not watch television. One should stay away from special bright lights.